Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Waving Man (ink on illustration board, 4X4) is a caricature that was used on a business card. Everyone in his office loved it except him.
Pablo Turns 50, (ink, acrylic on paper, 24X36). This was a commission for a man turning, well, 50. The client provided me with a large roll of paper and instructed me to draw the image at the top. At the party, everyone would be drawing their own caricatures of Pablo beneath it. Apparently this is some kind of Italian tradition. The main problem I ran into was that I couldn't cut the paper down to a managable size, so it had to roll off the bottom of the table in front of me, and I had to make sure I didn't crease or mar the paper while doing the drawing. Also, I only had one night to do the project.
Girl with Bassoon (12X16, graphite, airbrush on paper). Cute little girl, fun drawing, AND I got to draw a bassoon.
Marriott Group, (ink on illustration board, 16X20). This was a retirement or appreciation gift for the man in the center. They provided great photos, and I think I really got good likenesses on all the people. My favorite was the African-American man in the plaid shirt. Normally I do seperate sketches of each person for group shots, but I remember on this one I just dove right in and started right on the board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home