Monday, August 13, 2007

Woman and Two Cats, (ink on illustration board, 8X10). Sometimes I get commissions for pets, or people with pets. This is an example of a quick pet caricature illustration. It's all done with markers, and probably took about an hour.
Man with Dante and Milton, (ink on illustration board, 12X16). This fellow knew exactly what he wanted in the drawing, down to the last detail, even the names on the books. I love it when clients are that specific, because it makes my job so much easier. The client runs a Mormon-based website and told me that he would pass around my name to a lot of really big families of the faith. He assured me, tongue-in-cheek, that each big family had only one wife. See, Mormons can be funny!
McDonald's Engagement, (ink, acrylic on illustration board, 16X20). I've done a lot of engagement and bride/groom caricatures and they're always fun. These two got engaged at McDonald's and wanted me to show that she's going to be a teacher and that he played basketball for Cincinnatti. I thought it would be fun to have him holding the fries too high for her to reach, and her keeping the basketball away from him. They wanted their dog in the picture, too. The Hamburgler was my idea.
The A Team, (graphite, acrylic on illustration board, 11X14). This was another one of those projects where I only had a few hours to finish it. Sometimes clients call and want you to give them the moon...oh, and we need it tomorrow. They usually don't think about what the artists work load might be, or how long something like 18 people in color might take. I stayed up all night and even hand delivered the project to the client. It took them over a month to pay.
It's No Big Whoop!, ink, acrylic on illustration board, 16X20). This is one of my favorite illustrations. The guy was retiring from the Physiology Dept. at the Moorehouse School of Medicine and his team wanted to send him off with a group caricature of the department. The guy had a great face, and it went perfectly with the theme. I was really happy with the composition of the piece and only wish I could plan out every piece as well as this. I have a couple of Jack Davis inspired feet in there as a tribute to one of my favorite artists.

1 Comments:

Blogger jvanderhooversnodgrassmidgefieldIII said...

Is that Ryan Moore in the Penaut Butter Co. one? Anyway, this may hold the record for highest number of stupendous Justin Galloway creations in one post...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home