Monday, August 13, 2007

Five Seperate Commissions

Family With Dogs, (ink on illustration board, 11X17). This was the second illustration I did for this family. The first was a large wedding scene with the church in the background. Just for fun, I included the wedding picture in the background.
Fuller Wedding Party, (ink on illustration board, 11X14). This family commissioned the illustration and then had it framed and displayed at the wedding. They also booked two caricature artists through me to draw at the event. I think my wife and I were in Italy at the time, so I couldn't work the event myself.
Home of a Yellow Jacket, (ink, acrylic on illustration board, 16X20). This was the first of a long line of commissions I've received from the Georgia Tech Foundation. This one is a typical retirement caricature. I bought a book on John Deere tractors and I'm glad I did. Next to motorcycles, it's the most popular vehicle I draw.
Georgia Tech Holiday Card, (ink, acrylic on illustration board, 8 1/2 X 11). Another Georgia Tech Foundation commission. This one includes their beloved mascot, Buzz and the Ramblin' Wreck car. Georgia Tech always specifies that there is to be NO RED color in the illustrations, a partisan nod to their long rivalry with the University of Georgia.
Gardening Lady, (ink, acrylic, 8 1/2 X 11). This lady was retiring from the public school system in Arlington, TX. and the staff wanted to give her a present showing what she would be doing in retirement. I recycled the pose from an earlier project because I thought it was funny. Apparently she did too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home