Monday, August 13, 2007

Various Commissions

Charity and Michael... (ink, acrylic wash on illustration board, 16X20). This is a typical Engagement/Wedding illustration. These two were going to have a laid-back wedding and reception in their backyard, and I think he was actually going to be wearing that shirt. The Bride was really cute...she didn't want him to see the pictures of the wedding dress, so she sealed them in an envelope when they gave me the reference material.
Charles Dickens Christmas (ink on paper, 24X36). One in a series of Christmas Cards for a company. They wanted a Charles Dickens theme. I did a lot of research for this one. The dresses are all taken from old period drawings from the 1880's and I tried to give it the feel of those French Daumier lithos while making it look like a wood-cut. I love working with ink, but after this I was ready to put it away for a while.
Eddie Jones, (ink, acrylic wash on illustration board). This caricature of the NBA star was commissioned by a member of his family. I LOVE basketball so it was a dream job, but I could only do so much because I only had a few hours to complete it. The family member said Eddie loved it and he would try to get the Miami Heat star to call me and tell me himself, but it never happened. Still, they say Eddie has it hanging in his game room in one of his houses, so that counts for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home