Monday, August 13, 2007

Gone Huntin', (ink, acrylic on illustration board, 12X16). Obviously another Georgia Tech Foundation job for a retiree, this project almost didn't happen. Due to miscommunication, the due date got messed up on this. I thought I was waiting on a final confirmation of the sketch from the client, and they thought I was finishing the final coloring. I got a call one morning and the client said they needed the final THAT DAY. I rushed to get it finished and delivered by that afternoon. It's the fastest turnaround I've ever had, but these things happen in the illustration world.
Chips off of the Ole Block, (ink, acrylic on illustration board, 11X14). This guy repaired lawnmowers and I took mine in to be fixed. When he found out I was a caricature artist, he showed me an old caricature he had gotten done of himself with the go-cart background and wondered if I could add his son in. I told him it would be easier to just redraw the whole thing (especially since the original caricature didn't look a thing like him). So I took a few photos of both of them and did the illustration. We ended up trading a caricature for a lawnmower repair.
Golf Wedding Party, (ink, acrylic on illustration board, 16X20). This was an older couple who were getting married and the son (pictured) and his wife wanted to give them something fun and whimsical.
Yankees vs. Red Sox, (ink on illustration board, 16X20). All these guys apparently went to Georgia Tech but the guy in the middle is a Yankees fan, while his buddies are Red Sox fans. The Yankees guy's wife commissioned the illustration. I was really happy with the backgound gradation, which I did entirely with Prismacolor markers.

Galloway Holiday Card 2006, (ink on illustration board, 8X8). We always try to do a caricature holiday card but sometimes I get overloaded with client work and it doesn't happen. This one is my favorite from the past 12 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home